My Panasonic SN7979 is a little over 5 years old. And not one year after the 5-year warranty on the magnetron tube did the microwave stop working. Shuts off after a few seconds and smells of burned plastic and overheated electronics. I cannot be confident that I would want something fixed that burns plastic parts internally and is a fire hazard. The one year warranty on parts is certainly not applicable in fixing it if something like the power supply—transformer or large capacitor is bad. Also, labor is always an expense factor in repairing it at the service center. Might as well consider it a bad decision to purchase a Panasonic Microwave Oven, cut my losses by tossing it and buying a new one by another manufacturer other than Panasonic!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *