I bought this after my hair caught fire, and really needed something to help grow my hair and protect it to grow out. It built such an extra conditioning layer I had to have all my hair cut off again. It is very efficient at first but it builds huge layers of gunk after a few months. I tried to have a professional color my hair but after a few months they couldn't penetrate the grease. Later my hair just dried up and died from grease. It never felt dry. It just fell out at the roots. This occurred one year after the fire, and had nothing to do with it. It was the WEN. It will smother your hair. Please save your money, and buy Pantene.